Updates on world news, and how they relate to prophecy
Jun 13, 2015
The Greek default was postponed from June 5 to June 30. Their practice of kicking the can down the road gives people more opportunity to prepare for the inevitable. The problem is, no one really knows how many times they can kick the can before the can explodes.
Meanwhile, the bond market is getting very nervous. All it will take is for the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates—regardless of how much the rates are raised.
The Greek default very likely will bring down the very large Deutsche Bank. Zerohedge gives us evidence that the bank has been in trouble for the past year and is starting to resemble Lehman Brothers just before its collapse in 2008.
Here’s a re-cap of what’s happened at Deutsche Bank over the past 15 months:
- In April of 2014, Deutsche Bank was forced to raise an additional 1.5 Billion of Tier 1 capital to support it’s capital structure. Why?
- 1 month later in May of 2014, the scramble for liquidity continued as DB announced the selling of 8 billion euros worth of stock – at up to a 30% discount. Why again? It was a move which raised eyebrows across the financial media. The calm outward image of Deutsche Bank did not seem to reflect their rushed efforts to raise liquidity. Something was decidedly rotten behind the curtain.
- Fast forwarding to March of this year: Deutsche Bank fails the banking industry’s “stress tests” and is given a stern warning to shore up it’s capital structure.
- In April, Deutsche Bank confirms it’s agreement to a joint settlement with the US and UK regarding the manipulation of LIBOR. The bank is saddled with a massive $2.1 billion payment to the DOJ. (Still, a small fraction of their winnings from the crime).
- In May, one of Deutsche Bank’s CEOs, Anshu Jain is given an enormous amount of new authority by the board of directors. We guess that this is a “crisis move”. In times of crisis the power of the executive is often increased.
- June 5: Greece misses it’s payment to the IMF. The risk of default across all of it’s debt is now considered acute. This has massive implications for Deutsche Bank.
- June 6/7: (A Saturday/Sunday, and immediately following Greece’s missed payment to the IMF) Deutsche Bank’s two CEO’s announce their surprise departure from the company. (Just one month after Jain is given his new expanded powers). Anshu Jain will step down first at the end of June. Jürgen Fitschen will step down next May.
- June 9: S&P lowers the rating of Deutsche Bank to BBB Just three notches above “junk”. (Incidentally, BBB is even lower than Lehman’s downgrade – which preceded it’s collapse by just 3 months)
And that’s where we are now. How bad is it? We don’t know because we won’t be permitted to know. But these are not the moves of a healthy company. (end quote)
At the same time, the Chinese are feverishly trying to get rid of their dollars by buying gold. They know that China’s currency is moving toward becoming an international currency, and that they intend for it to become gold-backed. That means they will need a lot of gold. They have passed a law forbidding their own gold mines to export gold. The government is buying all of it, and they are the biggest gold producer in the world.
This year alone (through the month of May), China has purchased 983 tons of gold. For all of its economic problems, Russia too is on a gold buying spree. In fact, the US is just about the only country that is unaware of what is going on in the great shift, or what is called the Global Currency Reset. This “reset” is mostly just a return to the gold standard, that is, a reinstatement of asset backed currencies that Nixon abandoned in 1971.
So between purchasing all the gold from the gold mines in China and the huge imports of gold from other countries, it is incredible that the gold price is still so low. It is a bargain for those who buy it now, compared to where it will be in the near future.
John Ing: “China is awash in dollars as a result of the massive money creation. China knows that the Fed’s balance sheet has grown to almost $5 trillion and they also know that the price of gold is radically undervalued when compared to the Fed’s bloated balance sheet. Both the Chinese and the Russians know that the United States can’t pay back its staggering debt without massively debasing its currency, so they have both been huge buyers of gold because a day of reckoning is near.”
For those who have money in savings accounts or IRA’s, it might be a good idea to exchange it for gold while gold is yet available at today’s low price. As we learned in 2008, the economic situation can change without notice and banks can collapse overnight without notifying the public that there was anything wrong previously.
The collapse of the Almighty Dollar may seem like an absurdity, given the confidence that people have today. But times are changing, and the US dollar and its status as the world reserve currency is slowly being undermined by China’s trade agreements with one nation after another. Those who seek to preserve assets into the future need to have a long-term perspective.
To me, it is helpful to understand Bible prophecy, because that is what gives us a proper long-term perspective. The problem is that most people do not have a clear grasp of the prophetic message that God gives us. Most prophecy teachers today are futurists, so they have no idea how the “beasts” of Daniel and Revelation have already come and gone.
Everyone seems to know that we are near the time of the end, but if the age ends in a “rapture,” or the great escape, then preserving assets is largely a waste of time. Many believe that the church will go through “the tribulation,” but they believe that the tribulation is yet future, and that they will be killed or persecuted by a future Antichrist. This encourages people to head for the hills to escape the Antichrist, but it also discourages people from preparing themselves in a more realistic way.
In other words, the popular “rapture” theory tends to create a survivalist mindset, rather than motivating people to prepare to rule and prosper in the Kingdom.
We stand at the crossroads of history, where God’s long 2,520-year contract with the beast nations has now ended. The Stone is rising, and it has already begun to strike the Babylonian image on its feet. The transfer of authority to the saints of the Most High has already been decreed in the divine court. However, God has hardened the hearts of the Babylonians in order to give Him legal cause to destroy the previous system of slavery and strip Babylon of the assets that it accumulated through the labor of its slaves.
During this final transition, God is raising up a people of authority to carry the Gospel of the Kingdom into the world and to demonstrate to them the power of God by the Spirit. The spiritual work is most important, of course, but this does not exclude importance of the physical assets of the planet. Those assets are part of the Birthright as much as is the right to become the Sons of God.
Many do not understand the ancient idea of the Birthright. They think that the Birthright holders are going to go to heaven to live, where streets are paved with gold, and there is no need for earthly things. Many think the saints will be taken to heaven, and then God will burn up the earth. But the truth is that the Birthright holders are called to govern the earthly assets for the benefit of the rest of the world. The meek will inherit the earth, not “go to heaven.” Heaven is coming to earth. Earth is not going to heaven.
So we should search the Scriptures, so that we know how to minister to the needy, the sick, and the lame, and also to minister in positions of authority over cities and nations. We need to know how to cleanse the earth of its pollution, chemical poisoning, and other destructive practices that have been done under the Babylonian system. I don’t think this will be done by waving a spiritual wand. God has inspired too many people to discover natural remedies, technologies, and free energy that can do this job by more natural means. Up to now, most of these discoveries have been blocked, because they would be detrimental to the large corporations that would go out of business if these were known.
Dr. Stephen Jones